Before you know the steps to download the printer driver, you need to know what printer driver is first. The printer driver is an important device that you need to download and install once you want to use a printer. This device has two major functions. What are those?
The first function is to work as a connector for the printer and the computer. This function will allow your PC to understand the specification of your printer as well as the details of it. The second function is to send request and command to the printer to do what it needs to do. The PC will send a command to a language that is understood by the printer.
Steps to Download Printer Driver
If you have a printer, it doesn’t work if you don’t download printer driver and install it. When you buy the printer, the manufacturer will give you a CD that contains the printer driver. By using the CD, you can download the driver and install it for your printer. You can go to the website of the printer driver to know which PC and printer that is compatible with the driver. When you insert the CD, the operating system on your PC will read the CD.
Follow the steps below to download and install the printer driver.
- Plug the printer to your PC. Make sure the PC is already turned on.
- If you already insert the CD but your PC doesn’t recognize it, you need to open ‘My Computer’. You will find the CD drive icon and then double-click it.
- Click ‘Install file’ or ‘Setup’
- Once the driver is downloaded, you need to run the driver to your PC.
- You just have to follow the installation wizard to install the printer driver.
- After the process is finished, it means that you can use the printer.
If you want to download the printer driver, just go to https://printersdriverr.com.